Staff Ophthalmologist (Associate). Guelph General Hospital
Dr. Prima Moinul is excited to contribute to the community of Guelph and surrounding regions as a comprehensive Ophthalmologist and eye surgeon. The scope of her practice will include a full spectrum of general Ophthalmology with a special interest in medical glaucoma, retina, oculoplastics and cataract surgery. She will be performing anti-VEGF injections for macular degeneration/vein occlusions/diabetic retinopathy, YAG lasers and laser trabeculoplasty. She has operating privileges at the Guelph General Hospital. Consultation notes will be sent back to referring physicians. Dr. Moinul also takes interest in didactic and clinical teaching of medical students and residents.
- Medical Interests: Cataract, Glaucoma, Retina, Oculoplastics, Comprehensive eye
- Procedures: Cataract Surgery, YAG Capsulotomy, Trabeculoplasty (SLT), anti-VEGF
injections, Panretinal photocoagulation
- Bachelor of Health Sciences (Honors with Distinction) – University of Calgary (2012)
- Doctor of Medicine – University of Calgary (2015)
- Ophthalmology Research Fellowship – McMaster university (2016)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada (FRCSC) – McMaster University (2021)
English, Bengali, Hindi, Urdu
You can refer a patient electronically through Ocean. If this is your first time using Ocean you can sign up here. Patients can also be referred directly via fax to the number listed under the surgeon's profile. Patients with cataracts must be referred electronically through central intake via Ocean or WWRCC.
For those not yet set up with Ocean, you can submit completed referral forms to the Waterloo Regional Coordination Program Cataract Central Intake or fax 519-621-0059.