Dr. Manreet Alangh is a comprehensive eye physician and surgeon serving the tri-city region for a diverse variety of eye conditions. Having grown up in the KW region, he is delighted to serve his community. Dr. Alangh has a special interest in anti-vegf injections and laser therapies for retinal diseases. He performs cataract surgeries and offers the full suite of IOL technologies including premium lens options for appropriate candidates. He also manages glaucoma and a variety of other eye conditions to meet all your needs.
Comprehensive ophthalmologist performing cataract surgery including premium IOL implantation. Special interest in medical retina including laser and anti-vegf injections for wet AMD, diabetic retinopathy, and vein occlusions. Glaucoma medical and laser therapies. Laser therapies for glaucoma and retinal issues are offered within clinic premises.
BHSc, Bachelors of Life Sciences, University of Waterloo 2008
MD, McMaster University 2011
FRCS(C) Ophthalmology, McMaster University 2016
Medical retina, special-feature IOL implants.
English, Punjabi, Hindi
You can refer a patient electronically through Ocean. If this is your first time using Ocean you can sign up here. Patients can also be referred directly via fax to the number listed under the surgeon's profile. Patients with cataracts must be referred electronically through central intake via Ocean or WWRCC.
For those not yet set up with Ocean, you can submit completed referral forms to the Waterloo Regional Coordination Program Cataract Central Intake or fax 519-621-0059.
Peer Reviewed Publications
- M. Alangh. V. Chaudhary, C. McLaughlin, B. Chan, S. Mullen, J. Barbosa. (2016). Ophthalmic Referrals from Emergency Wards – A Study of Cases Referred for Urgent Eye Care (The R.E.S.C.U.E. Study). Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology. 2016 Jun;51(3):174-9
- P. Moinul, M. Alangh, J. Teichman, G. Seif, J. Gale, V. Chaudhary. (2016) Evaluating Parent Satisfaction with Real-Time Telemedicine Screening of Infants at High-Risk for Retinopathy of Prematurity. EuroRetina Conference – Submitted for Oral Presentation
- N. Ahuja, M. Alangh, L. Naji. (2016). Canadian National Survey for Cataract Surgery Teaching. Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology – Submitted for Publication. Canadian Ophthalmology Society Meeting – Accepted for a Poster Presentation.
- A. Iovieno, S. Yeung, A. Lichtinger, M. Alangh, A. Slomovic, D. Rootman. (2013). Cataract Surgery with Toric Intraocular Lens for Correction of High Corneal Astigmatism. Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology. 48(4):246-50.
- J. Teichman, M. Alangh, G. Seif, J. Gale, V. Chaudhary. (2012). Evaluation of Real-Time Telemedicine Initiative Screening High-Risk Infants for Retinopathy of Prematurity. American Academy of Ophthalmology – Poster Presentation.
- A. Lichtinger, P. Kim, S. Yeung, M. Amiran, M. Alangh, D. Rootman. (2012). Secondary intraocular lens interventions: predisposing factors, indication and coincident procedures. International Ophthalmology. 25;33(2):111-5